This simple pico de gallo salsa recipe is a tasty way to use up late-season tomatoes, and you can pull it together in no time. Pico de gallo — also known as salsa fresca — is traditional uncooked Mexican salsa. Serve it with our Vegan Tempeh Fajitas, as a condiment with grilled chicken or fish, or simply with chips and a nice, cold beer.
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno chile, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt, to taste
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Let stand 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld and develop.
Prep Time: 45 minutes (includes standing time)