This simple sausage and grape recipe, my slightly off-kilter ode to harvest, was adapted from Micol Negrin’s gem of a book, The Italian Grill.
- 1-½ pounds Italian chicken sausage links, (fully-cooked, like Al Fresco brand) cut into 36, 3/4-inch slices
- 1 pound red table grapes, (approx 72)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Equipment: 12 long metal skewers (if you use bamboo skewers, soak them in cold water for 30 minutes before threading)
Preheat grill to medium-high.
Thread one piece of sausage onto a skewer, followed by 3 grapes. Repeat once more and end with another piece of sausage. Repeat with the rest of the skewers.
Brush (or spray) the skewers with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper. Grill 4-5 minutes per side, until sausage is heated through and grapes are just starting to collapse.
Cook Time: 4-5 minutes